Cake wall of fame
When the last crumb of office cake has been snaffled, there’s nothing quite like a picture of a mouth-wateringly beautiful (or just completely out-there) cake to bring a smile to our faces during a long afternoon on BBC Food.
From a baked 'Jarvis Caker' to an amazing asparagus creation, we present the best cakes to come through our virtual doors this month, in our 'cake wall of fame'.
Put together by work experience whizz-kid Richard Wiltshire, and featuring...
- I am baker’s rose cake
- Zoe Fletcher from 6Music’s Jarvis Caker (Zoe says, “It was a Victoria sponge courtesy of Mary Berry, but with a bit of lemon zest and marmalade instead of jam. It went in two minutes flat - the gannets at 6Music were queuing up for a piece!")
- Call me cupcake’s pink rainbow cake
- Bakerella’s Father's Day cakes
- Sweetapolita’s fondant asparagus cake (two pictures)
- Crumbs and doilies’ Beatles cupcakes
- Whisk kid’s rainbow cake
We’re always on the look out for cakes to drool over. If you'd like to feature on our next cake wall of fame send us a link to your blog in the comments section below.
Ramona Andrews is the host of the BBC Food Q&A blog and messageboard.