BBC iPlayer press pack: June 2010
Ed's note (PM): The BBC iPlayer publicity team have released June's press pack along with some headlines. You can download the pack as a PDF: Publicity_Pack_June_2010.pdf.
- In total the BBC iPlayer received 117 million requests for programmes across all platforms in June 2010, including both online platforms and devices and BBC iPlayer on Virgin Media TV
- Other BBC Online sites received significant increases in traffic month on month, as audiences went online for coverage of events and the ability to stream live content from the World Cup, Wimbledon and Glastonbury BBC sites
- The World Cup also delivered exceptional request numbers for both live and catch-up radio on BBC iPlayer in June, with the England v Slovenia game easily the most requested programme for the month by some margin.
- Requests from mobile devices also increased another point, boosted by both live World Cup listening, and by the adoption of BBC iPlayer on iPad, which is already delivering 10% of all requests coming from portable devices
- BBC iPlayer's most-requested TV titles for June continued to include Doctor Who, EastEnders and Junior Apprentice, plus new BBC3 content Lee Nelson, Peckham Finishing School and Mongrels, and of course the England v Slovenia World Cup match.