The snow is squalling outside the window of ATL Towers, coating the city centre with a veil of white. It's so very pretty, until you try to get a sarnie up the street and shatter both your elbows. We're kind of in the middle of it all being a winter wonderland and not wanting to walk like our great-grannies anymore, so in honour of this further climate oddness, we bring you ATL's not-particularly-very-well thought-through top 10 songs about Winter. Special mention must to go bands whose names suit the seasonal deluge - balaclavas off to Snow Patrol, Arctic Monkeys, Canadian bad boy rapper Snow, Coldplay and Wintersleep - but it is the songs we're after this time. Agree? Disagree? Throw us a virtual snowball in the form of a comment below...
Having just read the grinch's list of the most annoying Christmas songs ever, I thought it a good idea to redress the balance a little with a list of five vaguely alternative festive-y treats. In reality, my favourite Christmas songs are (inevitably) this and (I'm not ashamed to admit) this, but here's a few choice picks from supposedly more credible acts.
So this is Christmas, and what have you done? As ever, November had barely even begun and every time we flicked our dial to a radio station it was wall to wall enforced merriment and oh-so-cosy festive bo... sorry... frolicks. We love Christmas, don't get us wrong, but for every Fairytale of New York there is a seasonal abomination that makes us want to boot an elf from here to Lapland and back. "Bah humbug", we say to the purveyors of X-mas tat, here is our list of the top five worst holly-be-decked offenders. Sir Cliff gets a bye, because we met him once and he smelt very nice.
All posts in the category: Chart Attack
- Chart Attack #9 - Songs About Winter - 12:51 UK time, Wednesday, 6 January 2010
- Chart Attack #8 - Top 5 (vaguely) Alternative Christmas Songs - 14:16 UK time, Friday, 18 December 2009
- Chart Attack #7 - Most Annoying Christmas Songs Ever - 15:16 UK time, Thursday, 3 December 2009
- Chart Attack #6 - H'ween costumes - 22:21 UK time, Wednesday, 28 October 2009
- Chart Attack #5 - NY Tuneage - 14:23 UK time, Tuesday, 6 October 2009
- Chart Attack #4 - Back to School - 21:02 UK time, Friday, 21 August 2009
- Chart Attack #3 - The First Dance - 15:08 UK time, Tuesday, 18 August 2009
- Chart Attack #2 - Songs About the Sun - 15:36 UK time, Monday, 1 June 2009
- Chart Attack #1 - Top Ten Songs About Getting Wet! - 13:38 UK time, Thursday, 21 May 2009