Things That Make You Go Hum #11
Len - Steal My Sunshine (Colombia)
This was supposed to be a wee blog about a daft pop song some of you may remember and love but most of you have probably forgotten about. I personally rememeber it fondly because it's so ridiculously sweet (and thats a great thing, every now and again). Oh, and I vaguely fancied the girl singer in the video - the one sucking the lollypop.
But as it turns out, off the back of some lazy journalism, I have discovered a few surprising things about Len, who'd assumed where the ultimate one hit wonders.
- They're from Canada. No big deal, but we can add them to a random list headed by Celine Dion, Arcade Fire and Tiga.
- They're a brother and sister - Marc and Sharon.
- They have released five albums and 12 singles. Granted not all of them in the UK, but still. I'm almost curious to hear those albums.
- They were initially compared to My Bloody Valantine. Whats that all about?!
- They're still together - or at least haven't officially split up, having released a record a couple of years ago.
Anyway, here's the video. Seriously, isn't this one of the sweetest, summery songs ever?!