Skip to content
Search the BBC
Search the BBC
About the BBC Blog
Autumn scheduling plans on BBC Radio 3
Join the conversation
22:42 26 Jul
Please don't cut late junction. The results of the most experimental music trickle up to mainstream music and late junction is one of the best and most important places to find it. Cutting it will add to the homogenisation of music.
06:12 25 Jul
Please, please, please reconsider the cutdown Late Junction schedule. This is Radio's flagship experimental music program. Think again.
Eek O Rangutan
11:57 19 Jul
Please think again. Late Junction offers access to unique music, created by unique musicians. It's exactly the role that a public broadcaster should be proud to adopt, giving room to talent that - for whatever reason - does not find a place on commercial platforms. Surely Radio 3, you've learnt from the respect and longevity earned by John Peel ? A man that survived for longer than all of his early Radio 1 colleagues, simply because he refused to promote the bland menu offered by his fellow DJ's. Late Junction offers the same intangible menu that John delivered. Granted, 80% may not be to your taste, but it’s the remaining 20% that opens your ears to possibilities that spark and nurture ones' interest in music.
Late Junction offers exceptional programming that builds a reputation, not bland repetitive Soma for an unimaginative New World. Think again Alan, don't give away your crown jewels in return for the false Gods of popularity and listening figures.
00:30 11 Jul
Late Junction is the only radio programme worth listening to.....reducing it to just 2 hours a week just doesn't make any sense when there is so much wonderful and diverse music out there
10:48 4 Jul
Late Junction is far and away the best programme in the entire BBC output. It is incredible to think that a great quality such as this is being cut to make way for yet more classical. Please reconsider!
21:23 26 Jun
Really depressing decision to drastically cut Late Junction - it’s a unique programme that I’ve loved for years I hope you can come up with a better solution.
02:17 26 Jun
Shame on you Alan Davey! How you could even CONSIDER cutting Late Junction's air time.
14:44 9 Jun
If there is to be less of Late Junction, that will be painful. LJ is a wonderful collection that fully satisfies.
08:08 20 May
I love the BBC, I’ve paid a license fee, even when I only listened to radio, the loss of Jazz Now and the destruction of Late Junction, is the work of morons. The bbc is dumbing down ‘sounds’ for example. If this goes through, you’ll be another license fee down.
20:10 9 May
Self-imposed suicide. Late Junction & Geoffrey Smith's Jazz are the main reasons I'm proud to pay the license fee. Don't these idiots listen to public opinion? Second verse same as the first.
Back to top