How do I record and display data?
How can I count and display data?
A tally is a quick and easy way to record what you are counting.
- Draw a line like a 1 to mark each number you count.
- When you get to 5, draw a diagonal line across the first four lines
- Making groups of 5 like this makes it easier to count your tally later.
How can I show what I have counted?
A table shows:
- what you have counted on the left
- how many of each thing there are on the right as a number
A bar graph shows:
- what you have counted along the bottom and numbers up the left
- the number of each thing is shown by a bar
- the height of the each bar shows how many of each thing there are
A pie chart shows a total number as a circle
- the circle is divided into different slices for different things
- the bigger the slice the bigger the number of things