What can we find out about our school grounds?
To find out what kind of fieldwork you could do around school, think of a question you want to answer or a problem that needs to be solved. For example, which area of the school grounds would be best for a wildlife garden; or how to make the school grounds safer.
Complete the activity on reading graphs below:
There are lots of questions you could think of before you do fieldwork in your school grounds. For example:
- How can we make the school grounds safer?
- How could we find out what lives in the school pond?
- Where could we make a wildlife garden?
- Which part of the school grounds gets the most rain?
- How many people come to school every day?
Take a look at this step-by-step guide to carrying out fieldwork:
What about you?
Think about what you would like to find out about your school grounds.