Who was Queen Elizabeth I?
This is Queen Elizabeth I.
- Elizabeth I was Queen of England, Ireland and Wales from 1558-1603.
- Find out more about her, below.
- Queen Elizabeth I’s time in power is known as the ‘Elizabethan Age’.
- She ruled England alone. She did not marry. So, although she was queen, England had no king.
- Some people felt only men should be rulers. Elizabeth proved them wrong.
Do you remember what happened in Queen Elizabeth I's life? Try the activity below.
Did you know?
- Queen Elizabeth I was very clever. She could speak six languages, including French and Italian.
- She sometimes threw her shoes at people when she was cross!
- Elizabeth's teeth were black! She loved to pick them in public.
Play our fun history games
Travel back in time with the people who changed history!
Fight racism with Nelson Mandela and Rosa Parks, walk on the moon with Neil Armstrong, and much more.