Who was Guy Fawkes?
This is Guy Fawkes.
He took part in the Gunpowder Plot of 1605, which aimed to blow up the Houses of Parliament to kill King James I and his government.
Find out more about him, below.
- Guy Fawkes was born in York, in 1570.
- He wanted to kill the king because he thought that Catholics might then have better lives.
- After he was caught, he was put in the Tower of London.
Did you know?
- Guy Fawkes liked to be called 'Guido Fawkes'.
- He didn’t actually lead the Gunpowder Plot. There were 13 people involved.
- Bonfire night, on the 5th November every year, remembers Guy Fawkes and the failed Gunpowder Plot.
Play our fun history game
Travel back in time with the people who tried to change the world.
Protest against segregation with Rosa Parks. Stand up for women's rights with Emmeline Pankhurst. Fight racism with Nelson Mandela. Plot against the king with Guy Fawkes.
Play the game and be an astonishing activist!