Who was Guy Fawkes?
This is Guy Fawkes.
He took part in the Gunpowder Plot of 1605, which aimed to blow up the Houses of Parliament to kill King James I and his government.
Find out more about him, below.
- Guy Fawkes was born in York, in 1570.
- He wanted to kill the king because he thought that Catholics might then have better lives.
- After he was caught, he was put in the Tower of London.
Did you know?
- Guy Fawkes liked to be called 'Guido Fawkes'.
- He didn’t actually lead the Gunpowder Plot. There were 13 people involved.
- Bonfire night, on the 5th November every year, remembers Guy Fawkes and the failed Gunpowder Plot.