Who was Gandhi?
This is Mohandas Gandhi.
- He lived in India 100 years ago, and fought against the British rule of his country.
Find out more about him, below.
- Gandhi wanted India to rule itself.
- Some people think that you need to fight if there is something wrong. Gandhi didn't believe in fighting.
- He showed his peaceful actions could work.
Do you remember what happened in Gandhi's life? Try the activity below.
Did you know?
- Gandhi came from a rich family but dressed like a poor Indian. He wore simple white cotton clothes that he made himself, even when he came to England to meet the King at Buckingham Palace.
- Gandhi travelled with his goat so that he could have fresh milk.
- Gandhi is also known as 'Mahatma', meaning 'great soul'.