Who was Neil Armstrong?
This is Neil Armstrong.
- He was the first man ever to walk on the Moon. As he stepped onto the Moon, he said, “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
Find out more about him, below.
- Neil Armstrong loved flying. He flew fighter planes for the American Navy and later tested rocket-powered planes. All before becoming an astronaut!
- On the 20 July 1969, he became the first man to walk on the Moon.
- He later became a professor and taught others all about flying.
Did you know?
- Neil Armstrong got his pilot's licence when he was just 16, before he could even drive a car!
- Neil and his crew flew to the Moon on a space mission called Apollo 11.
- Only 12 people have ever walked on the surface of the Moon.
- Neil's footprints will be on the Moon for millions of years, because there is no wind to blow them away!
Play our fun history game
Take a trip back in time with the people who explored the world... and beyond.
Travel across the desert to Mecca with Ibn Battuta. Fly across the Atlantic Ocean with Amelia Earhart. Walk on the moon with Neil Armstrong.
Play the game and be an exciting explorer!