Who was Isambard Kingdom Brunel?
This is Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
He lived around 200 years ago, during the Victorian Age.
He was a famous engineer whose designs changed the lives of many people.
Find out more about him, below.
- We still use some of the bridges and railway stations built by Brunel.
- Even though people don’t sail on his ships anymore, you can still visit the SS Great Britain.
Do you remember what happened in Isambard Kingdom Brunel's life? Try the activity below.
Did you know?
- Isambard Kingdom Brunel has a memorable name. He is named after his mum and dad. His mum was Sophia Kingdom and his dad was Marc Isambard Brunel.
- His dad was French so Brunel went to school in Paris, the capital city of France.
- Brunel was known for wearing a tall top hat.