Who was Professor Stephen Hawking?
This is Professor Stephen Hawking.
He was a world-famous scientist.
Find out more about him, below.
- Professor Stephen Hawking was a very clever scientist.
- He wrote many best-selling science books.
- At the age of 22, he was only given a few years to live. But he lived to 67 and became one of the world’s greatest scientists.
Do you remember what happened in Professor Stephen Hawking's life? Try the activity below.
Did you know?
- Stephen said he didn't learn to read properly until he was eight years old.
- When he was a young man, he liked to drive his electric wheelchair too fast. He ran over the toes of some students!
- Later on, because of his disease, he was only able to speak with a special computer. He controlled it by moving his cheek.