Who was Marie Curie?
This is Marie Curie.
- She was a world-famous scientist.
- She lived over 100 years ago.
Find out more about her, below.
- Marie Curie did lots of important work in science.
- She discovered radioactivity.
- During World War One, she helped to put x-ray machines in ambulances. This helped doctors to see where bullets were in the body of a soldier.
Can you remember what happened in Marie Curie's life? Try the activity below.
Did you know?
- Marie’s daughter, Irene, also became a famous scientist and was awarded the Nobel prize for Chemistry.
- The clothes Marie wore in her laboratory were the ones she wore when she married Pierre.
- Her notebooks are still too dangerous to touch. You need to wear special clothes to read them because of radioactivity.
Play our fun history games
Travel back in time with the people who changed history!
Fight racism with Nelson Mandela and Rosa Parks, walk on the moon with Neil Armstrong, and much more.