Who was Marie Curie?
This is Marie Curie. She lived over 100 years ago.
She was a world-famous scientist.
Find out more about her, below.
- Marie Curie did lots of important work in science.
- She discovered radioactivity.
- During World War One, she helped to put x-ray machines in ambulances. This helped doctors to see where bullets were in the body of a soldier.
Can you remember what happened in Marie Curie's life? Try the activity below.
Did you know?
- Marie’s daughter, Irene, also became a famous scientist and was awarded the Nobel prize for Chemistry.
- The clothes Marie wore in her laboratory were the ones she wore when she married Pierre.
- Her notebooks are still too dangerous to touch. You need to wear special clothes to read them because of radioactivity.