Who was Samuel Pepys?
This is Samuel Pepys.
- He lived over 300 years ago and wrote about two of the most important events in English history.
Find out more about him, below.
- Samuel Pepys survived the Great Plague of 1665.
- He also saw the Great Fire of London in 1666. It destroyed 13,000 houses.
- We know lots about these two events from his diary.
Do you remember what happened in Samuel Pepys' life? Try the activity below.
Did you know?
- Samuel Pepys has an unusual last name. You say it like this – ‘Peeps’.
- Pepys saved his Parmesan cheese from the Great Fire of London.
- He could play a number of musical instruments, including the violin and the recorder.
Play our fun history games
Travel back in time with the people who changed history!
Fight racism with Nelson Mandela and Rosa Parks, walk on the moon with Neil Armstrong, and much more.