What are the features of a newspaper?
When you are writing your own newspaper article:
- Make your headline short and snappy.
- In the first sentence sum up what the story is about.
- Write your report in the third person and the past tense.
- Split your newspaper report up into paragraphs to help the reader clearly understand the information.
- If you use quotes to make your report more interesting, don't forget to use speech marks!
- Use a photo with a caption to give the reader more information.
- Fill your newspaper report with both facts and opinions. Facts give the reader all of the information they need by using the 5 Ws.