Rehearsing with a backing track
It isn't always practical to rehearse with other people. Rehearsing with a backing track can also be helpful.
Points to consider
- Make sure you are able to play your part accurately and up to speed - this will avoid you having to stop and start the backing track.
- Make sure you have all the necessary equipment, eg CD, audio system.
- Check all the equipment is working – this is an important part of setting up so should be built into your regular practice routine.
- Listen to your backing track several times so you get to know the music. This will avoid any surprises in the accompaniment that might otherwise distract you as you play.
- Make sure the backing track is not louder than your playing.
- Ask someone to listen to you and check the sound is balanced.