Basketball technique for dribbling the ball
Good dribbling skills enable a player to keep control of the ball, travel past a defender, or to simply move the team forward.
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart in opposition.
- Stand on the balls of your feet.
- Knees slightly bent and the trunk bent forward at the waist.
- Push the ball downwards using fingertips.
- Extend the shoulder and elbow.
- Flex the wrist.
- Keep the head up and the ball slightly out in front (max 1 m).
- Keep the ball at waist level with your hand on top of the ball.
- Absorb the impact with fingertips and let the wrist flex and move the ball.