Bounce pass in basketball
A bounce pass is a short pass that enables the player to find a teammate in a crowded area. The height of the ball makes it difficult for the opposition to reach and intercept.
- Feet shoulder width apart in opposition, with knees bent.
- Place hands each side and slightly behind the ball, with the fingers comfortably spread.
- Hold the ball at waist level, with elbows tucked in.
- Step in the direction of the pass, through extending your legs, back and arms.
- The wrist and fingers should be forced through the ball releasing it off the first and second fingers of both hands.
- Follow through with the arms fully extended, fingers pointing at the target and thumbs pointing to the floor.