The structure of Grace
- The song is in verse and chorus form with three verses and two choruses.
- Each of the verses has an introduction.
- There is a bridge after chorus 2.
- The song ends with a climactic coda based on the chorus.
In verse and chorus form, the chorus:
- sets the refrain of the lyrics and often contains the title words
- usually returns several times, always with the same words
The verse usually has different words with each repetition.
- A bridge is a contrasting passage.
- The coda is a section which comes at the end of a song.