Grace by Jeff Buckley
Jeff Buckley’s song Grace has several features that are commonly found in rock music such as four beats in a bar, the use of verse and chorus form and the instrumental line-up.
- The singer-songwriter Jeff Buckley was born in California in 1966.
- He was the son of the talented singer Tim Buckley.
- Both father and son possessed powerful voices with great emotional depth.
- Tim Buckley died of a heroin overdose at the age of 29.
- Jeff Buckley died in a swimming accident at the age of 30.
- The song Grace is taken from the album with the same name.
- Grace (1994) was the only studio album Jeff Buckley completed.
- Jeff Buckley co-wrote the song Grace with the guitarist Gary Lucas.
- The song Grace is scored for two guitars, bass guitar, and drums.
- Jeff Buckley co-wrote the song Grace with the guitarist Gary Lucas. The music of Grace is based on an original solo guitar instrumental composed by Gary Lucas entitled Rise Up to Be which contains all the guitar riffs and motifs and the underlying harmonic structure of the final song.
Grace could be described as a rock ballad. Ballads are slow love songs and are found in many styles of pop music. The lyrics of Grace seem to anticipate Buckley’s own death.
Jeff Buckley in Brooklyn, New York