Short side foot pass
A short side foot pass enables a team to quickly pass a ball and help maintain possession. The side foot pass provides accuracy but is not recommended for longer distance passes.
- Move parallel to the ball and place your non-kicking foot to the side of the ball.
- Hold your arms up and wide to support your balance.
- Keep your eye on the ball until you have it under your control.
- Look up to see where is the best place to pass it.
- On selection of your pass, maintain a strong body position.
- Swing your kicking foot through and strike the ball with the inside of your foot.
- Aim to hit the middle of the ball to ensure it stays close to the ground.
- Keep looking at your target.
- Follow your kicking leg through towards the intended target.
- The speed of the kicking leg will direct how hard you kick the ball.