Wheelchair basketball set shot
The purpose of the set shot is to release the ball at the basket with balance, power and accuracy.
- Place non-shooting hand on the side of the ball and the shooting hand at the back of the ball, with the elbow tucked in.
- Hold the ball at chest height.
- When ready, to release the ball, extend the back, shoulders and elbow.
- Flex the wrist and fingers forwards and release the ball at the highest point.
- After release, fingers should be pointed at the target, with the palm facing down.