Bounce pass in wheelchair basketball
A bounce pass is a short pass that enables the player to find a teammate in a crowded area. The low height of the ball makes it difficult for the opposition to reach and intercept.
Stage one – preparing to pass
- Place hands each side and slightly behind the ball, with the fingers comfortably spread.
- Hold the ball at a low level, with elbows tucked in.
Stage two – executing the pass, release and follow through
- Push in the direction of the pass, through extending your back and elbows.
- The wrist and fingers should be forced through the ball releasing it off the first and second fingers of both hands.
- Follow through with the elbows fully extended, fingers pointing at the target and thumbs pointing to the floor.