Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
Education is the foundation for improving people’s lives and sustainable development.
Many of the advances in these areas have focused on improving basic literacy skills but often this needs to go much further.
Key targets are:
- By 2030, ensure that all children complete free primary and secondary education.
- By 2030, ensure that all children have access to quality early childhood development, care and pre-primary education.
- By 2030, ensure equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education.
- By 2030, eliminate gender disparities in education.
- Build and upgrade education facilities that are child, disability and gender sensitive and provide safe learning environments for all.
- By 2020, substantially expand globally the number of scholarships available to developing countries for enrolment in higher education.
An educated, youthful workforce can make a huge difference to the economic fortunes of a country and this can raise their development levels significantly.