The perfect tense - when to use it
The perfect tense is used to talk about a completed action or something that has happened recently. Here are some examples:
- He terminado mis exámenes (I have finished my exams).
- Hemos hecho nuestros deberes (We have done our homework).
- Han llegado temprano (They have arrived early).
Here are some expressions that are often used with the perfect tense:
- últimamente (lately)
- recientemente (recently)
- nunca (never)
- ya (already, yet)
- todavía no (not yet)
- Nunca he visitado el museo (I have never visited the museum).
- Recientemente, he estado enfermo (I have been ill recently).