Analysing fieldwork data
Analysis involves describing results in each graph or resource.
- Describe what data was used to help create the graph.
- Quote figures. What are the highest result/ lowest results?
- Describe any patterns or trends.
- What are the relationships that the graph presents?
Interpreting fieldwork data using knowledge of relevant theory and/or case studies
Data interpretation involves explaining the different reasons for the results/graphs that have been presented.
Explain the patterns and trends in the information and:
- Go back to the hypothesis that is being tested.
- Explain the results that help to either support, prove or disprove the stated hypothesis.
- Refer to particular geographical theory and specifically note the role that the theory might have played in linking with the hypothesis.
Identifying anomalies in the fieldwork data
Describe and explain the potential reasons for any unusual results.