Volleyball block shot
The block is not technically a maintaining possession shot, but a well-timed and effective block diffuses an offensive attack.
- Stand in position on the balls of your feet, with knees slightly flexed.
- Drive off from legs to get towards the path of the ball.
- Get in line with the ball's path.
- Keep your eyes on the ball at all times.
- Move towards the ball.
- Extend arms up above head.
- Have your palms facing forward and fingers spread.
- Keep your eyes on the ball.
- Upon contact, try to angle the ball downwards.
- Begin to land move arms outwards for balance.
- Flex knees to help cushion landing.
- Get back into position to regain formation.