Volleyball set shot
The set shot is a delicate attacking shot that is an important part of the pass-set-spike sequence required for a successful attack.
- Stand in position on the balls of your feet, with knees slightly flexed.
- Drive off from legs to get towards the path of the ball.
- Call for the ball.
- Get in line with the ball's path.
- Keep your eyes on the ball at all times.
- Move towards the ball.
- Extend your elbows so that your arms are out in front of you at head height.
- Slightly flex your elbows.
- Have your palms facing up and fingers spread.
- Keep your eyes on the ball.
- Watch the ball.
- Face the ball in ready position with knees slightly flexed.
- Hands are held above the head, palms up.
- Move body underneath the ball and push the ball into the air with your fingertips.
- Extend knees to help with the push into the air.
- Follow through with fingers pointing at the sky.