It can be difficult to decide how to start an art or design project because there are so many things to consider. You will need to think about the following:
- what type of subject will you choose, eg portrait, landscape, still life?
- design area - what type of design problem will you work on, eg architecture, graphic communication, textile?
- will your work show a personal interest, a social issue, a particular emotion?
- artists and designers - what can you learn from the creativity, ideas and techniques of others?
- Think of a title for your project. This can give you direction and let others, including the examiner, understand your intentions.
- Don't start with a final outcome in mind – the creative process is just as important. Allow yourself to be inspired and make new discoveries.