Hockey long pass
A long pass is an attacking skill that allows players to switch the location of the ball very quickly to create space, find a teammate or to catch out the opposition.
- Maintain eye contact with the ball.
- Point the left shoulder at the intended target.
- Slightly bend the trunk and keep the head over the ball.
- Place feet shoulder width apart with knees flexed and keep the ball in line with the front left foot (30-50 cm).
- Hold the left arm almost straight, flex the right arm and keep the elbow tucked in to the body.
- Step forward onto the front left leg and quickly swing the stick down.
- Keeping eyes on the ball, the ball should be struck when the left and right hands are vertical.
- Strike the bottom half of the ball.
- Finish with body weight transferred onto the front foot, the knees flexed, arms extended and the stick extended in the direction of the target.