Hockey push pass
A push pass is an effective and accurate short pass that can be used quickly to maintain possession.
- Hold the stick in the correct position and point the left shoulder at the intended target.
- Place feet a little wider than shoulder width apart and keep your body weight on the balls of the feet.
- Place the hockey stick against the middle and lower half of the ball.
- Ensure that the stick maintains a closed face by slightly turning it towards your body.
- Step with your left leg forward and push the ball with the head of the stick.
- Extend the left arm and hand to pull the stick forward.
- Push the right hand through to generate power and direction of the pass.
- Maintain a still head throughout.
- Hold the position and finish with body weight over the front foot and stick pointing in the direction of the pass.