What will I need to get into uni? Apprenticeships and college options
While A-levels are an excellent way to get into university, they’re not the only option.
Apprenticeships and vocational qualifications can also help you get onto your dream course. Our experts explain how that works.
What will I need to get into uni?
- You will need Level 3 qualifications to get into university
- Apprenticeships, A-levels and vocational qualifications all provide Level 3 qualifications, so they’re all excellent ways to get into university
- An apprenticeship is a form of work-based training. You work, get paid, and work towards a qualification at the same time
- Apprenticeships are available at a variety of levels: you can do Level 2 intermediate apprenticeships, or Level 3 and above, depending on your previous qualifications and the particular area you want to work in
- Normally, during an apprenticeship you will work four days a week and go to college or another training provider one day a week. This is when you do the theory behind the practice
- If you’d like to work, earn money and you know you thrive on hands-on work experience, an apprenticeship could be the best way forward
- You could also do an apprenticeship at degree level. So you get a degree level qualification, but without the fees!