Basic parts of a plant
Home learning focus
Learn about the basic parts of a plant.
This lesson includes:
- two videos showing the basic parts of a plant
- two activities to reinforce learning
Plants are everywhere, you can find them in some homes, in parks, in gardens and in the countryside.
In this short animation learn about the parts of a plant.
Plants have three important parts.
The roots, the stem and the leaves:
- the roots keep the plant in the ground and hold it up
- the stem holds up the plant
- the leaves take in the sunshine
Watch this short film to find out more about the structure of a plant and why different parts of it are important.
There are lots of fun ways to try out your science skills:
Have a go at this quick quiz about plants:
There's more to learn
Have a look at these other resources around the BBC and the web.