Transferable skills translator
Many skills that you use on a day-to-day basis are transferable skills that employers love! You just need to describe them in the right way. Learning the lingo and applying these skills in a professional environment can help you get the job you want.
Here are some examples
- If you can haggle a brilliant bargain, or persuade people that something’s worth doing – that’s negotiating
- If you’re the decision maker, everyone follows your lead, AND you can keep them motivated - that’s leadership
- If you’re the go-to person to sort a tricky issue, then you’re a natural at problem solving
- If you work well with others – whether it’s on a sports team or a project with others – that’s teamwork
- If you can fit a lot into a day or love a to-do list – that’s time management
- If you are the one that always comes up with imaginative solutions – that’s creativity.
These are all skills employers love! You just have to describe them in the right way. Focus on the skills you have, shout about them, and they could help you get your dream job.