Multiply fractions by fractions
Home learning focus
Learn how to find the product of two fractions.
This lesson includes:
- one video
- two interactive activities
¹/₃ x ¹/₂ also means one third of one half.
This can be shown by folding a piece of paper. Have a look at the diagram below and have a go at folding some paper yourself.
- Take a piece of paper. This represents a whole.
- Fold it in half lengthways.
- Fold it into thirds.
- Colour in one square - this is one third of one half.
- Can you see that the coloured in section is ¹/₆ ?
There's more to learn
Have a look at these other resources around the BBC and the web.