What is leadership at work?
As part of the Nine to Five with Stacey Dooley, Abbey learnt about leadership in the workplace. Here's what being a leader means to her.
What does it mean to be a leader at work?
- Being a leader is not just about how senior or important you are. You can show leadership no matter what your role is in a company
- Leadership really is about setting goals and being clear to others about what you need from them
- Be a good team worker: being a leader doesn't mean you're removed from the people you work with. Get to know them well, so you can understand how to best harness their skills
- And to help your team when they need you, you have to improve your own skills. So keep learning and developing yourself
- Most importantly, treat people the way you like to be treated, because people will work harder for a leader that they respect.