How to make your house a home
Your home is your castle, so when you move out you’ll want to make sure that your new pad is fit for a king (or queen!). Decorating can be expensive though, so here’s Sam to let you in on a few tips and tricks to turn your hideaway into a zen den, without breaking the bank.
Let’s recap on Sam’s top tips:
Don’t break the bank
- Get crafty, shop at supermarkets or scour charity shops for great deals on your basics. This will leave you with a little extra to invest in focus pieces to pull a room together and add some pizzazz!
- Surround yourself with a colour, story or theme that makes you happy. Be it horses, mermaids or… erm… rocks, this is your space to personalise as you want.
- Whether you want to be able to read or set the mood for a romantic evening in, lighting is your friend. The higher the number on the box, the brighter the bulb. Go mid to low-range for a cosier feel.
Get some greenery
- Cacti and succulents are easy to look after, so are a good place to start if you’re not that green fingered. Naming them is optional (but you know you want to!).
- Mirrors make small spaces appear much bigger, which is great if you first home is a little pokey. Plus, you’ll get to see your pretty little face all the time. Win – win!
Your home is a place where you can hide from the world at the end of a long day. You need to be able to kick-back comfortably and relax there. As Sam says,
This is really a space for you, and you should feel comfortable.
So, whether that means bright colours, scatter cushions, plants or candles, take advantage of the fact that you’re in control now and get nesting!