How to encourage your child to be a confident learner
Phil and Nicole Robinson, parents to Nadrianne and Myles, give their advice for helping children to be confident and creative learners.
Phil and Nicole's tips
• Learn through open-ended play. Swimming, baking, and board games - it doesn't have to be just books and homework.
• When your child is playing creatively, this could be playing sports or a musical instrument for example, don't ask too many questions or tell them how to play. This allows them to explore their own imagination.
• Build responsibility for decisions and tasks in your child. Allow them to make simple decisions that affect them, like picking a book to read or a toy to take on a car journey.
• Give your child responsibilities around the house, like emptying the dishwasher, setting the table for dinner, or packing their school bag.
• Check in with them regularly!