All the feels on SQA results day
Results day can be an emotional rollercoaster, regardless of what results you get or whether you’re nervous in advance. It’s worth thinking about how you might want to spend the day, and have realistic expectations beforehand.
- Ask someone you really trust to meet you on results day so that whatever the news, you can celebrate or commiserate with friends.
- Remember that it’s your results that matter, not anyone else’s. If you have got what you worked and hoped for then that is all that counts.
- If they are not what you wanted, it’s OK to be disappointed, but remember it’s not the end of the world.
It’s important to accept that sometimes things might not go as planned.
If your results aren’t what you expected, or if you’re feeling a bit down, remember that this is not the end. This is the beginning and it’s up to you what happens next.
Take some time, talk to people and re-evaluate your plans.
- Keep thinking about your positive qualities and everything you’ve achieved so far.
- Whatever happens try not to panic! There will be an option for you, even if it’s not the exact one you were working towards. Check out My World of Work for more information
- Resilience is an essential quality in life. Ask yourself what you could have done differently – maybe the answer is ‘nothing’, sometimes things just don’t happen the way you planned them.
- Speak to careers advisers and teachers, but also do your own research – you can start with the links below. Knowledge is power and it can help you pick yourself up. You might end up taking a different path, but it might turn out to be the best for you!