How to keep positive
You will go on to achieve great things, but disappointment is a part of everyone’s life, so it’s important to accept that sometimes things might not go as planned.
If your results aren’t what you expected, or if you simply feel a bit down, our team of experts have just what you need: some awesome tips on keeping positive.
How to bounce back after a setback:
- Whether you’re applying for jobs, trying to get into university or studying for your exams, it’s really important to understand you might have setbacks along the way
- This doesn’t mean being negative about your prospects, just accepting that some things might not go as you hoped or planned
- Keep thinking about your positive qualities and everything you’ve achieved so far. A setback does not define you
- There’s no such thing as failure, it’s just feedback. Be like a hurdler: if they fall down, they pick themselves up and start again, learning from their mistakes
- Whatever happens – don’t panic! There will be an option for you, even if it’s not the exact one you were working towards
- Sometimes things happen for a reason. You will learn from setbacks and develop resilience
- Resilience is an essential quality in life. Ask yourself what you could have done differently – maybe the answer is ‘nothing’, sometimes things just don’t happen the way you planned them
- Keep things in perspective! It might feel like the end of the world now, but what will it feel like in a month’s or a year’s time?
- We’ll always experience knockbacks in life but, due to its nature, education can bring those around more often than you’d like. Just remember: the most successful people are often those who have had setbacks
- Speak to careers advisers and teachers, but also do your own research. Knowledge is power and it can help you pick yourself up
- There’s a world of possibilities out there. You might end up taking a different path, but maybe it will turn out to be the best for you!