A headteacher's tips for how to support your child's learning at home
Primary school headteacher Dave McPartlin suggests some great ways you can support your child's learning at home and ensure they're ready for the classroom.
• Homework is rarely set in reception - but when it is it's often a reading book or key words to practise. These are the building blocks of literacy so it's important that you do this with your child!
• Work on homework at a time that fits around your child's routine. Figure out when the best time would be.
• Don't miss out story time!
• Bring maths into everyday life. Count cars, sing counting songs, or stack objects.
• Nurture your child's interests and passions as much as you can.
• If you're unsure, ask the teacher!