How to become a police constable: Dylan's story
Meet Dylan from North Wales and find out about his role as a constable for the police service. Part of our Bitesize world of work series.
"No day's the same in the police."
- Dylan's goal was to be a paramedic but, at 18, he was told he didn't have enough life experience
- He was advised that a good way of getting life experience would be to join the special constabulary – the volunteer section of the police
- Dylan joined the special constabulary and enjoyed the practical experience so much that he decided to pursue policing as a career
- He joined as a police constable two and half years ago and is one of the youngest members of North Wales Police
- He enjoys helping the community and keeping members of the public safe.