Revision: how to get started
When it comes to revision it can be hard to get started. Here are our top tips.
- Make sure you know which topics you need to revise for each subject. Use your exam board specifications as a revision list
- Make your revision active. Don't just read notes. You could make flash cards, mind maps or use post it notes
- Watching videos online can really help to bring your notes to life!
- Test yourself by completing past papers or asking a friend to test you. This will identify areas of strength and weakness.
- Build in rewards for your revision e.g. a favourite snack or using social media
- Set short-term realistic goals. Not too ambitious or too far in the future.
- Break down your goals into manageable targets, for example fractions and decimals in maths.
- Set yourself a time limit for revising each target area.
- When you have hit your target, set a new one straight away.