Communicating with school during the pandemic
This article was first published on 21 August 2020
Communication with your child's school and their teachers has never been more important. Headteacher Dave McPartlin explains the best ways for you to stay in touch.
- It's the start of an important relationship between you and your child's school, so it's vital you talk to one another!
- Sometimes a one minute conversation is all it takes, so make use of the opportunities at pick-up or drop-off.
- See how your school is using technology. Some offer interactive tours, video calls with teachers or send videos home.
- Remember that all schools are different, but they will be making an extra special effort to communicate, so you may just have figure out which way works best for you!
- If a method of communication isn't working for you, don't be afraid to feed this back to the school.