What I wish I'd known before choosing my options
Top tips on choosing your options from young people who have made ALL the mistakes:
- Don't just pick a subject because your mates are doing it - it's your life!
- Don't pick a subject on the spur of the moment or because it sounds new and fun, as it could wear off
- Don't pick a subject just because it is taught by your favourite teacher. Likewise, try not to avoid a subject just because you’re not too keen on a teacher: there are no guarantees that you'll be taught by the same person
- Don't avoid a subject that you may want to take onto further education, as you may need a secondary school qualification for it first
- Don't presume you know everything about how a subject will be taught and ask your teachers for as much information as possible
- And, perhaps, most importantly: don't stress out too much, and pick subjects you feel you will enjoy doing for the next two years. Good luck!