Keep chill ahead of GCSE results day!
This article was last updated on 22 July 2020.
We repeat, do not panic! Waiting on results can be a stressful time. It can also be really difficult to know what to do with yourself while the countdown is on until the big moment – getting your GCSE results.
Last year, we caught up with some Bitesize vloggers to hear how they'd been keeping calm ahead of results day.
Some tips for chilling out
- Distract yourself with your favourite TV series or films
- Spend some quality, relaxing time with your family
- Chat to your friends and have a giggle together
- Play with your pet or visit a family pet – animals are proven to calm people down!
- Practise mindfulness or meditation
- Recite some positive affirmations – like Lots Holloway does
- Try and get a change of scenery to clear your mind – even if it's just getting outside for a while.
Remember, you are allowed to have fun while you wait for your news. Make sure you relax and don't spend all of your time worrying about your results.
If you need more help to find your chill – take a look at the Top five results day worries and how to cope with them
Bitesize Support has lots of guides on what to do this results day. Whatever your results or future plans, we're here to help you make the most of GCSE results day.
We've got you.