Earning and learning: top tips to make it work
Going back to learning can be expensive. It’s not just course fees – living costs such as travel can also add up, and many people work whilst studying. We asked people who have balanced study and work to share their experiences and offer advice. Here are some of their top tips:
- You can continue working part-time whilst studying
- Try to find work which works well alongside the hours you’re studying
- Get clarity on your outgoings and cut back where you can
- Budget where possible in order to manage your outgoings
- Study online so you can learn around your current job and other life commitments.
- If it’s what you want to do – do it!
Accept that you will need to balance work and study for the duration of the course because it’s going to benefit you and your future. It may be hard at times, but it’ll be worth it!