Why working together matters
Everyone in a team is there for a reason and making sure everyone is included is crucial to achieving goals. You may not always agree with your colleagues - in fact you probably won’t, but that’s ok: nobody thinks the same. Listen and include everyone so you can work towards the best results together.
Top tips to take away
- Listen to others and welcome their contributions. You don’t want to miss a brilliant idea because you cut someone short
- Make sure everybody gets the opportunity to voice their ideas and give their perspective. As brilliant as you are, there may be something you haven’t thought about
- Stand up for what you believe in and challenge opinions you disagree with, but don’t attack the individual - everyone should feel safe to share their thoughts in a team
- Don’t take it personally if someone doesn’t agree with you or your ideas. Some of the best ideas have come out of differences
- Learn to compromise - it’s a team effort to get things moving forward!