Painting, Collage and Printmaking - Storytelling
Home learning focus
In this lesson learn about how famous Portuguese artist Paula Rego uses her artworks to tell stories, learn some basic artistic techniques and create your own artwork.
This Lesson includes:
- 1 inspirational video about how artworks can tell stories
- 3 practical videos about painting, collage, and printmaking
- 1 activity to create your own artwork
Watch this video in which a statue comes to life in a magical gallery and falls into the painting 'Sleeping' by Paula Rego.
She explores the way that Rego uses her artworks to tell stories.
Now watch these videos in which artist Emma Majury shows how to create artworks using three different techniques: collage, painting and printmaking.
Use either painting, collage, or printmaking to create a work of art that tells a story.
The story can be about something that has happened to you, or completely made up. Let your imagination run wild!
Some possible story ideas:
- ask an adult to tell you their favourite memory of childhood
- a scene from a book you love
- an event that has happened to you during isolation.
There's more to learn
Have a look at these other resources around the BBC and the web.